Monday 25 May 2015

Our plans so far...

It was almost a year ago today that Fraser and I got engaged during a weekend away in Brighton.  Ever since then, wedding planning has become a big part of my life.  It was clear from the off that neither our budget or style lent us to a wedding in a swanky hotel or grand castle.  Instead, we have opted for 'rustic charm' and will be hosting our wedding blessing and reception on our own land which Fraser has spent the last ten years developing into a forest.  We looked at hiring a marquee, but then we came across giant tipis and couldn't resist!  We're very excited to be hiring our tipis from Tipi and Kata (http://www.tipiandkata.co.uk/)


Our wedding planning so far has been laced with good luck.  I won a half price wedding dress at a wedding fayre that I attended, which led me to Shades of White in St Ives (http://www.shades-of-white.co.uk/), where I found the dress of my dreams.  Also, having fallen in love with some bridesmaid dresses from BHLDN, I couldn't believe my luck when my Maid of Honour told me she was going to Chicago for a work conference and that there was a store less than 2 miles from her hotel (one of five stores in the entire of the US).  Some people would argue that it was fate.  I am just crossing my fingers and hoping that the good luck continues!

When you are having a tipi wedding in the middle of a woodland it seems only fitting that it should be a rustic wedding breakfast.  We have gone for a hog roast and are hoping we might be able to find an ice cream cart for desert.  We have a special surprise in store for the evening food, but I won't give that away in case any prospective guests are reading!

There is still ages to go until the wedding.  The big day isn't until July 2016 so there is still loads to do. One of the things I am most looking forward to is planning the flowers.  I have been to plenty of wedding fayres, but for me no florist would fit our small rustic wedding better than  +The Country Garden Florist Ltd  (http://www.thecountrygardenflorist.co.uk/) who we are hoping to visit soon!


Apart from this, Fraser is particularly busy getting the site ready to host the wedding.  More info on that is on my other blog, Walker's Wood.



No comments:

Post a Comment