Wednesday 27 May 2015

Keeping a log...


One of the great things about being with a tree surgeon is that we are never short of logs!  I can't think of a better thing to have lying around when planning a rustic wedding (apart from a few thousand pounds perhaps)!

Also I know of some people who are hiring logs for their weddings.  Perhaps we are missing a trick?!

Here are some of my favourite uses that I have seen so far.  I'm hoping to steal a few of these ideas for the big day.

Love this beautiful centre piece.  So simple but so elegant. I would love to create something along these lines with +The Country Garden Florist Ltd and really do need to go and see them soon!

Love the logs along the edge of the aisle here, although this will depend on whether we hold the blessing ceremony inside or outside (which in itself depends very much on the weather).  We have also considered making a pathway to the tipi using logs and candles, but feel sorry for the poor bridesmaids who might well end up lighting them all!

I think the log cake stand is my favourite idea out of all of them and perfect for a simple sponge wedding cake.  Luckily our neighbour has offered to make our cake for us, but if not it might be up to my sister Emma to get the baking tins out, though she doesn't know it yet!




No comments:

Post a Comment